muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2024 2:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_vote_lcapIFlight F7 TwinG build I_voting_barIFlight F7 TwinG build I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
IFlight F7 TwinG build I_vote_lcapIFlight F7 TwinG build I_voting_barIFlight F7 TwinG build I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

IFlight F7 TwinG build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

IFlight F7 TwinG build Empty
PostSubject: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Just spend all my money on probably the last 5 inch I'll ever build, but wanted to get a fresh quad for a long time. All the stuff I fly now is outdated, worn down or just cheap crap. Spend 3 days searching Banggood looking for the best parts for not too much money. I started with 10 Lipos, but ended with no Lipos and a big list of parts for a new quad.

IFlight F7 TwinG build 771880 

IFlight F7 TwinG build New-quad
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 3:36 pm

Oooh ! sweet m8 !
I got an Eagle 2 but not with dvr,they are brill cameras.
Is that iflight FC the one with dual gyros at 90 degree angle to each other ?
Nice stuff buddy hope it all goes together nicely with no bad luck like
i always have lol.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm

Yes, this is the one with dual gyro. IFlight F7 TwinG build 771880

I'm already excited to start with the build and try out the first flight. bounce
One day waiting gone, about 14 to go.  Smile 

IFlight F7 TwinG build 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 11:26 am

Woohoo cheers Received mail they shipped my order... Surprised

Only thing not included in this package is the camera, cause it was out of stock.
But it will be send soon, since I choose another camera, this time the Eagle 2 pro mini.

Was a bit worried with all the Hongkong strikes and stuff, but decided not to cancel the order and wait.
cool
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 2:45 pm

Ah great news m8y....eagle pro 2 is great camera.
Hopefully all should arrive soon and ya can start building
the beast  IFlight F7 TwinG build 590662

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2019 8:42 pm

muckyman wrote:
Ah great news m8y....eagle pro 2 is great camera.
Hopefully all should arrive soon and ya can start building
the beast  IFlight F7 TwinG build 590662
The frame and motors are Kebab-approved and the FC/ESC combo also supposed to be great, can't wait to try how it flies.

bounce
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:47 am

Camera now shipped also. Just the regular Eagle2Pro, not the mini. Smile 

I expect it will be a week at max before everything has arrived and I can start building. IFlight F7 TwinG build 139183
Back to top Go down
2litre
quake God
quake God
2litre

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 7:27 am

IFlight F7 TwinG build 33040
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am

IFlight F7 TwinG build 432755 IFlight F7 TwinG build 771880
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 12:37 pm

Just received a very small and light package, could not believe everything was in it, but all parts are there. Surprised 
Only thing missing at the moment is the camera, but that was shipped seperately. Will probably arrive in 1 or 2 days.

There's one little problem, but it's not too bad. The frame is much smaller than expected, and has brackets to fit a mini camera.
I ordered the normal size EaglePro2, but now I found a mini version would have been better.
Have tried with a old runcam of the same size as the EaglePro to see if it will fit, and fortunately it does fit, but with no room to spare.

Despite the camera thing I'm very happy so far, the parts look great and shiny, and the motors are beautiful and run supersmooth.
Will post some pics when starting the build. Smile
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Put the parts together to see if everything would fit and how it's going to look.
You can see there's enough space behind the camera, but on the sides it's a tight fit.
Also since the brackets that came with the frame to hold the camera can't be used with this size camera, I have to find a way to fix the it.
Maybe I'll make a neat bracket myself, otherwise I'll use a piece of foam and tiewraps. 
Going to wait with soldering till the EaglePro arrives and all parts are complete. Smile

20190703-210237
upload pictures
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am

Thats looking sweet bro,great little frame.
I saw some 3d printed cam mounts on banggood
a while ago that fixed to the standoffs and held
the larger cams like yours.
Can`t remember name at the moment.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 11:52 am

muckyman wrote:
Thats looking sweet bro,great little frame.
I saw some 3d printed cam mounts on banggood
a while ago that fixed to the standoffs and held
the larger cams like yours.
Can`t remember name at the moment.
Yes I know what you mean, that would be perfect. Had not thought of using those.
Going to order some, if I can find them. Just had a look on Banggood but no luck yet. Surprised

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Only need to do the wiring for the camera, dvr and vtx, and fix the antennawires. IFlight F7 TwinG build 139183

20190713-144901

20190713-220428

20190713-150647

20190713-220515

20190713-220658
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Last things to do is flash the ESCs with the latest BLHeli firmware, and do some Betaflight settings to finish it off. Smile 

20190714-140104

20190714-135952

20190714-140346
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 11:38 am

Just done the first few test flights, didn't go as well as hoped, but at least the technical part is good.
Everything works as supposed to, but it does need some serious tuning, which I didn't expect tbh.
Though maybe it's just a matter of choosing different props or another version of BetaFlight.
I read lot of people go back to BF 3.x because BF4.x causes too much vibrations and other problems.
Had a couple of almost flyaways, but because I was careful nothing bad happened or broke.
The almost flyaways happened because of too high PID or filter settings that are default in BF4.
At some point I started getting a better tune, and then the quad flew very nice. Smile
But then the battery from my goggles was suddenly empty, and I had to quit for today.
Next time I'll try some more tuning, otherwise I'm going to flash BF3.x and see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Looks V-nice m8,ya should maybe go back to earlier betaflight
to be sure it is the tuning and not just the new BF,i`m still on BF 3. smth.
Did you know you can power the EV200s through the usb port with
a power bank ? Is worth having one for when gogs battery goes flat
and they hold tons more charge,will last for days.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2019 8:44 pm

muckyman wrote:
Looks V-nice m8,ya should maybe go back to earlier betaflight
to be sure it is the tuning and not just the new BF,i`m still on BF 3. smth.
Before going back to BF3x I'm going to try some more tuning, also can try these recommended settings which I haven't done yet.
https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/wiki/Community-Presets

Quote :
Did you know you can power the EV200s through the usb port with
a power bank ? Is worth having one for when gogs battery goes flat
and they hold tons more charge,will last for days.IFlight F7 TwinG build Empty
I had read that's possible, but I don't own a powerbank so never tried. I have tried using USB to power the goggles from the PC and that didn't work unfortunately. Though now I think of it, can't remember what type USB port I used, maybe USB3.0 can work.

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 1:18 pm

Little update:

Almost had given up on this quad. After trying several versions of Betaflight, filter settings, and failed test flights.
I had put the quad on the wall like an expensive piece of decoration. Neutral

Recently I wanted to give it another try, and flashed the latest Betaflight and ESC firmware, but unfortunately the test flight failed again.
Problem was that because everything worked, without obvious defect or damage, I had no idea where the problem was.
I did use metal screws for the stack, but there is no shortcut to the frame because I've measured the frame and screws for voltage, but it's clean.

So I decided to start with buying a new flightcontroller, I choose the same type, but this time I went for the F4 version instead of F7.
Today I went for a quick test flight with the new flightcontroller. But it failed again... IFlight F7 TwinG build 98146
Each time this strange sudden flip out and then it drops out of the sky.

Final conclusion is that it has to be the 4in1 ESC module that's causing the problem. IFlight F7 TwinG build 984587 
Sneaky thing is that flashing is no problem and no errors detected.
Probably just a weak component that normally works without issue, until the amps go up when flying.
Now before I buy 1 or maybe 2 new 4-1ESC, I have to test what happens when I replace the metal stack-screws with plastic ones, though I suspect it won't matter much.

If I keep at it in this tempo, maybe I can finally fly this thing, next summer.
cool
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 11:37 am

Keep trying things i guess,at least your other flys well.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 1:33 pm

muckyman wrote:
Keep trying things i guess,at least your other flys well.
It's like building a new pc and then dealing with a faulty memory stick or slightly defective PSU. affraid 
Everything works fine for a while and then it hangs or restarts. scratch 

This one flies great too, really nice, ...for like 10 seconds IFlight F7 TwinG build 984587
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IFlight F7 TwinG build   IFlight F7 TwinG build I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IFlight F7 TwinG build
Page 1 of 1